Thursday, August 4, 2011

If you feed them, they will come

OK, I'm going out on a limb here and showing my age.  Do you remember the movie, 'Field of Dreams?'  It was a classic when I was little.  And an almost over-used saying from that movie was/is, 'If you build it, they will come.'  There is some truth to that saying, however.

I love having others 'host' a party at their home for me.  I give them hostess benefits in the form of FREE product.  There is FREE product just for having the party and then an additional % of the sales in product.  The more people you invite to the party, the more sales, and the more FREE product you earn.  Plus, the more FUN you have.  Parites are just plain FUN.

The best piece of advice I can give a host or hostess, next to inviting as many people as you can, is to have a nice little TREAT to share.  It doesn't have to be big.  Cookies and punch are all you need.  It is true that 'If you feed them, they will come.'

If you are wanting to host a party and get a lot of your friends to come, put on the invitation that there will be snacks or goodies.  To come and get a bite to eat and visit with friends.

Here is an example of the food I had available at my last open house....

Lemonade, fruit, cheese, crackers, turkey and ham.  Chips and spinach dip, and of course...cookies. 
A host or hostess need not be this elaborate.  I like to host others and enjoy planning and throwing parties, so I did a little more than necessary.  Plus, the party was planned durring the dinner hours so I wanted to make sure people weren't shopping hungry.

And it was a big draw...while parents did their shopping and browsing the Paparazzi items, the kids grabbed a bite to eat.  It was a perfect environment.  People hung around and talked, visited, and laughed with one another.  It made for a more FUN shopping experience.  I kept the plates of food supplied throughout the night by refilling them often.  It didn't cost much..around $30 for the night and we fed more than 50 people.

No need to go to these extremes unless, like me, you enjoy doing so.  Making a batch of homemade cookies and having ice-water is great too.  No matter what kind of party you are hosting, whether Paparazzi or another type, it's a great idea to have snacks on hand for your guests.

Rule #1 for success - invite a LOT of people.
But Rule #2 - If you feed them, they will come.

Let me know if you're interested and want to earn FREE products.  I make it so easy for you.  Good luck on your next party!  I hope it's a Paparazzi Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment