Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What to do with all those necklaces

Back in January of this year my youngest daughter (only 6 at the time) was having a hard time keeping all her little-girl necklaces from tangling.  She didn't have a 'jewelry tree' like mine, nor was I going to spend the money to get her one. 

Solution:  we took a framed picture of her in her room and turned it into a place to hang her jewelry.  Using an 8 x 10 wooden frame I lightly hammered 1/2" golden nails into the frame, alternating them so they went up/down, making two rows (think theater seats that are aligned in between the two seats in the row in front).

It gave her room to hang her necklaces and served as a great decorative frame for a picture in her room.

It was so easy...the kinda craft you can do in less than an hour...and it turned out so cute.  It's been perfect for her for the last seven months.

I've decided to make a more upscale model for myself.  I bought a really nice 11 x 14 frame, in black wood.  I'm using slightly larger nails and will hang my Paparazzi necklaces from it.  I'm planning on hanging it on a wall in either my master bedroom closet or bathroom, depending on the picture I choose for the frame.

Easy.  Creative.  Inexpensive.  Useful. 

So that's what you do with all those necklaces you get from Paparazzi!

No comments:

Post a Comment